Name:
Location: Independence, Missouri

Sunday, August 20, 2006

North Of The Border---August 20, 2006

Sorry I was too busy to post anything last week. I hope I didn't leave you on the edge of your seat!

The big news is I passed my board exams! For some reason, the board of examiners will not tell you your score unless you fail. So I don't know if I passed "by the skin of my teeth" or "with flying colors". We were informed that 81% of the students who took the exam (nationally) received a passing score. We will be getting more information about next year's clinical rotations this week so maybe I will have some news about that next time.

We attended the graduation ceremony for the physician assistants yesterday. One of our friends, Robert Jones, is in the class. Robert was specially recognized among the class as being a particularly suited role model for other physician assistants. Good job, Robert! He is going to work with a orthopaedic group near Springfield, Illinois, which is where he is from.

Both kids are registered and geared up for school to start on Thursday. School always starts on a Thursday here. Kirsten (8th grade) is in chorus instead of handbells this year and will be in Algebra I which is usually a course for high school freshmen. Caleb's teacher will be Mrs. Renaud (pronounced "Reno"). She was his 3rd grade teacher the year before last and we rather like her. Caleb is separated from his usual classmates this year, which we think will be a benefit. Behavioral expections of children seem alarmingly low here.

Cheryl's birthday is tomorrow. Happy birthday, Cheryl!

Time for church.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home