Name:
Location: Independence, Missouri

Sunday, July 30, 2006

North Of The Border---July 30, 2006

It's too hot to do anything up here. Someone said that the heat index is going to be 114 today! Cheryl and Caleb have gone to the swimming pool this afternoon. I refrain from swimming because I always get water stuck in my ears and end up in the doctor's office with an ear infection. Kirsten went home with her friend Brianna after church. Cheryl and the kids went swimming at Gray's Lake quite a little bit last year and a few times this year. I have been a little skiddish about them returning since a little girl drowned there a couple of weeks ago. Lifeguards are not provided there.

I am looking forward to an opportunity to take a trip to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, at the end of September. I have been invited to attend a weekend long open house at the Western Pennsylvania Hospital located there. They are showcasing their hospital and residency program to prospective residents. This residency is in at least the top 3 residencies in the country! I can't imagine moving to Pittsburgh and living so far away, but I might as well take advantage of their hospitality and see what is offered. Here is the link if your are interested.

http://www.wpahs.org/education/wph/graduate/wph_podiatry.html

Looking forward to hearing from Mindy and JD this week. By this time tomorrow, there is liable to be THREE living at the Schiman home.

Not much else to report.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home