Name:
Location: Independence, Missouri

Sunday, July 23, 2006

North Of The Border---July 23, 2006

Not really too much happening up here. It has been very hot with heat indices reaching as high as 107 degrees. We had some relief last Friday due to showers overnight on Thursday.

Last Wednesday was our 15th Anniversary! We really splurged and had the $4.99 all-you-can-eat buffet at CiCi's pizza. We should be ashamed of such extravagence! I love you very much, Cheryl. I wouldn't change a thing. Except the rat infested house in Lamar and the time the kitchen ceiling fell in at our house in Springfield. Those I would change. But I wouldn't change anything about you.

We signed up to be on a softball team for the rest of the summer. When will I ever act my age?

This is THE BOMB!!! On line yodeling lessons! What will they think of next? Here is the link!
http://www.yodelcourse.com/

Okay. Funny story that happened today. As many of you know, Cheryl and I (together) teach two separate Sunday School classes---one is Kindergarten through 2nd grade and the other is 3rd grade through 5th grade. Anyway, the text today was from Acts 12:1-19 in which Peter had been arrested by Herod and while under heavy guard was visited by an angel who loosed the chains and provided for Peter's escape. A very familiar story. Well, after the lesson I usually ask a few questions to see if the kids can recount the details of the story.

I asked a little girl (she will be going into 1st grade), "Who in the story was arrested?"

She replied, "Peter!"

I said, "That's right! And who held Peter as a prisoner?"

And she said "The British!"

Working with kids is so much fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home