Name:
Location: Independence, Missouri

Monday, July 03, 2006

North Of The Border---July 3rd, 2006

This will be my weekly (I hope) newsletter to you all. So here we go!

It has been a very busy couple of weeks up here "north of the border".

We have been to church 13 times over the past 15 days! From June 18-20 Evangelist Jamey Ragle was in town for revival. I would highly recommend going to see him. He will be at Parkcrest Baptist Church in Springfield, Missouri, (Republic Road west of Campbell Avenue), September 10th through 13th. He is HILARIOUS, but a very strong preacher as well as a talented singer. I know you will be blessed. Here is the link to his site.

http://www.jameyragle.org/

The following week was vacation bible school. We followed a "FIESTA" theme and all the teachers wore sombreros. Kirsten and I taught a group of 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders while Cheryl taught a group of Kindergarteners, 1st graders, and 2nd graders. We did not quite reach our goal of 200, but we got very close. This is the second year we have taught this. Would highly recommend this as it is a rewarding and enjoyable experience.

My board exam is a week from this Wednesday (7/12) and I must say I am quite tired of studying! I think I am well prepared, but I will spend the next week brushing up and reviewing.

My summer clinic rotation starts July 1o. I will choose my externship sites this fall. Here is the "short list" and link to the residency directory.

http://www.casprcrip.org/html/casprcrip/directory.asp

Johnson City, TN
Evanville, IN
South Bend, IN
Louisville, KY
Greenville, TX
Temple, TX
Fort Worth, TX
Montgomery, AL

There are several fireworks displays to choose from for tomorrow. We are leaning towards Racoon River.

We have tickets for the Iowa Cubs on Wednesday. It is "Grace Chruch Night" at the ballpark and we were able to take advantage of discounted tickets. It will be our 3rd trip to the ballpark this year! The Cubs are playing the New Orleans Zephyrs, an affiliate of the Washington Nationals.

Thursday, of course, is Caleb's birthday. Boy, that 10 years sure went quick!

We are expecting my mother this weekend and Cheryl's folks the following weekend.

Well, that's all for now. It's getting late...

PW

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home