Name:
Location: Independence, Missouri

Monday, February 18, 2008

The Big Apple---Part II---February 18, 2008

Well, I am back in Johnson City after a horrible flight last night. The takeoff from LaGuardia was rough and it deteriorated from there. The aircraft bounced and lurched nearly the entire time. But we made it.


My presentation went very well, but the poster itself was not exactly a big hit. I got lots of suggestions about how to design the poster better. I will keep all of this in mind when I do this again.


We had a social event in Upper West Side Manhattan. I walked across the street to Central Park so at least I can say I have been there. I stood at the "Stranger's Gate" which is at 106th and Central Park West.



Not much else to say. I thought I would have more pictures, but the cheapo batteries I bought would barely run my camera. I will post what I have, though. I will also post a picture Cheryl sent me of all the snow in Des Moines. I will be returning to Des Moines in a couple of weeks to take my board exam.





This is the corner where I caught the bus every morning. This is 87th Street and 23 Avenue in Queens. In the background, you can see 3 buildings (not very well, I realize). I don't know what the black building in the center is. The building on the left is the Empire State Building. The building on the right is the Chrysler Building






















Brrrrrrr......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home