Name:
Location: Independence, Missouri

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

North Of The Border---Decemer 19, 2006

We will be heading home Saturday!

No news to report. Everyone is doing fine.

The vascular surgery rotation was excellent. I saw a lot of aneurysms and occlusions. Got lots of experience with doppler waveform analysis, duplex ultrasonography, and segmental blood pressures. These tell me where the occlusion is. By knowing this (and other factors), a decision can be made as to whether the patient will be treated medically, with an endovascular procedure (angioplasty and/or stents), or bypass. Neat stuff. I would like to say more, but hesitate in order to preserve the privacy of the patients. Ask me some time.

After vascular surgery, it was back to podiatric surgery. It was kind of like coming home. Not much going on. Most podiatric surgeries are somewhat elective. Not much scheduled during the holidays. I did finally get to close that week, though. I was shaking like a leaf with so many people watching me suture!

Take time to read Luke Chapter 2 this week.

P.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home